This is a critically important resources to share with our communities. Please consider adding it to your coalition webpage.
Welcome to CCOVA
We represent local groups of parents, prevention specialists, businesses, law enforcement, educators, faith based groups, media, youth, healthcare, government officials and youth serving organizations.
The Community Coalitions of Virginia (CCOVA) works collaboratively to prevent and reduce substance abuse and related risk factors in Virginia communities in ways that are measurable and that improve quality of life.
CCOVA members work in their local communities and commit time to our collective statewide effort to insure success in every city and county. If you want to increase your effectiveness and success, we invite you to join us today. click here to download membership application
CCOVA works on its mission by:
- advocating on behalf of the statewide prevention community for laws, policies and ordinances aimed at responsible decision-making based on best practices in the prevention field with a measurable impact
- fostering collaboration among prevention organizations
- encouraging mobilization of communities for prevention activities and strategies
- supporting its partners in their work to change ingrained community norms and a state culture that either openly or inadvertently enables alcohol abuse by adults and underage drinking by our youth
- building cooperative partnerships in support of prevention strategies with state agencies, non-profit organizations, associations, schools and communities
- working towards systematic data collection to assess needs and measure outcomes.
- providing trainings on prevention strategies
Click on the Membership Page to Join us in our Efforts
Follow us on Facebook